Tuesday, December 22, 2009

NEW WORSHIP CENTER UPDATE- #1

It has been a busy few days up at the job site. A group of volunteers from the conference churches came up over the weekend and dismantled the front wall as well as what remained of the stage inside. Walt and Keith Shirley have been working very hard demolishing much of the stage and taking down the large wooden murals that have graced the walls behind the stage for many years. Yesterday, a crew came up and removed the walls from the north, south and east sides of the building. It looks more like a pavilion now than an actual building. For those of us who have been coming to camp for a long time this looks kind of surreal, huh?
After standing there for so many years it is strange for me to walk past and see the old Tabernacle like this. So naked and open. I'm kind of a sentimental person. Part of me is kind of sad to see the old girl go, but I am also excited about the new Worship Center and by all of the improvements and possibilities that it will represent. I wish I knew how many decisions for Christ have been made in thia old building dfown through the years.
Things are moving fast now, so check back in here regularly for more updates. I am getting so excited about the new Worship Center.

No comments: